Tuesday, July 23, 2013

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

Blistex



1am walking a half mile in a neighborhood where every other house is a dope house. On a crossroad, intersecting me walks a girl with a boa and flower headband. I told her she looked adorable. She replied "Aww, thanks. I really needed that, just broke up with my boyfriend." and there we were half hour later hanging out with friends. I noticed she had perfect lips. Moist, plump, lively color, and a sort of shine.
She wasn't wearing anything, but told me her secret!
 Blistex daily. At the time my lips were cracking on the bottom. 3 days later, healed. I use Blistex everyday, and promise it's the best.


Headbands 

I went from long thick natural red hair, to short, choppy, thick blonde hair. So tell me, what the hella is a fella to do with lack of short hair knowledge? My face frame is cut a bit short leaving the most length in the back. My bangs in the hot summer, don't get me started. I had a black headband I'd use in my hair when wearing a messy bun. Tucked a certain amount of hair behind my ears and tried it on hippie style. Cliche?  That's society's call. I love the look and the feel.
Racer back Ribbed Tanks
$6 at Target, nice long fit, various colors and styles. That's my kinda summer! Love to stack 'em.




Hair Chalk

My hair is light blonde, and they now make small Hair chalking kits
 with various colors? What a wonderful coincidence! I've only had pink, but plan to get more colors. Just might be dying my hair (or part of it) a pastel turquoise/teal. Opinions?







Red Lips








Something I can never seem to pull off. I envy those of you who can. I don't understand how girls maintain such lips without a catastrophe of a face by the end of the night. According to Ginger Mandy, to set lipstick sprinkle some sugar onto freshly applied lips. Let it sit for a wee bit, then lick it off. It's said to draw out extra moisture without affecting the color. When you've got chapped lips, or using a cheap quality lipstick, colored Burts Bees works amazing. My personal favorite is Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer because of the tingle it leaves upon your lips after applying.



What are some of your favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. That hair chalk does work good in any color hair. My sisters have used it and they both have naturally very dark brown hair. It's also said it's safer than using any pastel chalk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard it's much safer for your hair than the actual pastel/chalk art supplies.
      Ohh, any color hair it's perfect! The ink used really makes it stand out and doesn't affect pigment. Where as the spray paint type hair dye is more of a hassle.

      Delete