Saturday, November 30, 2013

There's no way out

I started out on top
Hope - Dreams - Progress
Then I slipped
This fall taking too long
Dreams became nightmares - Hope became fear - Progress not an option
Then I landed
Hitting rock bottom
Whiplash
Looking up at nothing but empty space
Disappointment
I can't climb out - I can't be pulled out - Nothing can reach this far down into the valley of ice
Now I sit in shock
Slowly drowning - becoming one with the melting valley
I look up - Nothing left but regret and shattered dreams
No cry for help will do - My breath only quickening the melting process
There's no way out

2 comments:

  1. "No cry for help will do - My breath only quickening the melting process"

    Perhaps once the ice melts you can swim. :) There's always a solution, we just have to choose to see it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'ma look around some more here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, I like it alot! c:
      I figured a melting valley of ice would be the worst case scenario.

      Delete