Monday, December 23, 2013

2014 Resolution

      2013 has been a horrible year. Didn't quite meet the expectations of my resolutions, and am starting new realistic ones for this upcoming year. I sure do hope 2014 has better luck for me in store. Something I am thankful for is anybody reading this right now. All the bloggers, fellow readers, just the blogging community in general. I don't think I could have made it through 2013 without you all. So supportive, and motivational. So I thank you all for that. <3



Perform with my hoop - That was on my 2013 resolution, and I could have had opportunities if I wasn't such a "I'm going to hide in my shell" type of person. Which brings us to our next resolution...

Get out of my shell, and get downtown - Downtown Detroit is beautiful. My boyfriends basement, not so much. With plenty of events and fellow circus artist, now bringing us to my next resolution...

Start driving - Since I'm a "I'm going to hide in my shell" type of person, it's hard to get me out of the house as well as on the road. It seems startling, but I know I can do it. I've driven everywhere besides the freeway, and can also drive a stick. I have confidence. 

Get in shape the healthy way - This past year I struggled with anorexia, and didn't quite know it at first. Yes - that is possible, so I've learned. After realizing my problem I started a regular workout by hooping daily. I had various random hooping friends, motivation, and lost them as well. To be honest, all I need to motivate me to workout is some space and my hoop. 

Have self-confidence - As a 20-year-old girl this is quite typical. I have to realize what I do to impress others, and to impress myself. Then keep it at simply impressing myself while respecting others. 

Make a close friend - That one friend. That "girl friend" you can tell anything and do anything with and feel totally comfortable. I need that type of relationship. I lack that type of relationship. I've had that type of relationship - and lost it. For both reasons in and out of my control.

Maintain a steady blog - I absolutely love the blogging environment. Like I said, everybody supports each other. I love it. I want to stick with it - and grow bigger with it. 

Maintain a steady job - My biggest job related regret was screwing up at Victoria's Secret. I just kinda...quit. I didn't drive, which is a huge goal to accomplish to maintain a job. Also, getting out of my shell.

What's on your 2014 resolution list?

12 comments:

  1. Hello Micaela, I wanted to thank you for joining my blog! I am now a follower of yours as well. I need to start my resolution list and hope I can keep them...although I did a good job of keeping last years. You mentioned Detroit. Are you in Michigan? I live in Taylor, MI but I am from Detroit. www.craftycouponista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantell!! Look forward to reading yours. c:
      Yep, Michigan. I used to live in Taylor. That's crazy - Small world!! Haha. c:

      Delete
  2. I really need to maintain a steady blog schedule. Mine is just unpredictable, which doesn't help my readers at all.

    Mona
    p.s. Be sure to enter the fun giveaway I'm hosting: http://chinupbuttercup.org/2013/12/16/soft-ginger-cookies-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can keep it up, and definitely looking into your giveaway!!

      Delete
  3. Let the disappointment of 2013 fuel a better year. I'm sure you'll be a lot happier with your goals next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure 2014 will be a good year. just dont let the bad things of 2013 get you down. 2013 I did land a job and I have a great boyfriend and I turned 30. :D major milestones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 22 and I don't drive either or have my license! But I do manage to live on my my own and have steady employmet. I live in Port Huron, MI right in the part of town where all the major shopping areas are. Plus we have bus transportation. Luckily, it's only about a 15 minute walk to my work, and for my fiance it's about 7 minutes to his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in Port Huron? Small world, haha.
      I'll have to look more into public transportation around here. c:

      Delete
  6. What?! You live in Detroit!? Hi neighbour! I'm from Windsor! We should meet up sometime!

    Suzanne
    A Coin For the Well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another MI blogger?! You're even closer!!
      I live in Roseville to get technical. We should definitely set up a blogger meet up this upcoming year!!

      Delete