Tuesday, December 17, 2013

7 Dr.Seuss books all children should own

Dr Seuss's Sleep Book

All children have those "I'M NOT GOING TO BED AND NEVER WILL!" days. Simply offer up a negotiation. If you read a few books and they don't fall asleep, they can stay up. Read a book or two (since they have the mind-set not to sleep) then whip out this bad boy. I've never seen a child stay awake through this entire book. Click here to view my review on this book.



The Foot Book

This was the first book I ever read on my own. Unlike some of Seuss's books (such as the ABC book), this one is fun to read with more than 3 words on the page.


There's a Wocket in My Pocket

To this day, one of my favorites. Repetitive sequences - such as that used in the song "The 12 Day's of Christmas" keep any child thrilled. This is simply an adventure in a book.


The Cat in the Hat

Of course every child should own this book. It makes them appreciate the fun of rainy days with no electronics. Personally - I think it explains cats pretty well too.


The Lorax

The Lorax is a beautiful story. Explaining the importance of Earth itself, and the appreciation of nature. I do however wish tree's looked like they do in that world. 


Are You My Mother?


This book is an adventure with a tiny bird trying to find who the heck is it's mother. From animal to animal - the bird tries searching for it's mother. Learning why each different animal couldn't be.


Oh, the Places You'll Go!

By far one of the most inspiring books. Very motivating. When I have a child in the far future, I'll be reading this one every day.

To purchase one of your own copies of any book, simply click on the title or image.
Click here to join my giveaway!











2 comments:

  1. My housemate had loads of Dr Seuss books for some reason and we spent one night just reading them all out aloud. They were all fab! They are not that popular in the UK though!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!! Haha.
      I'm surprised they're not popular.

      Delete