Saturday, December 14, 2013

DIY Hemp bracelet

DIY Hemp Bracelet
First off, I'd like to apologize for using a brown backdrop for my photos while using brown colored hemp...yeah. Second, with this easy step by step tutorial you can make anything from key chains to necklaces. It's a gorgeous, simple gift idea!


First Step: Take your two pieces of string and make a loop. Tie the loop so your bead at the end will fit through to secure. I failed to do so for this tutorial, but hey - go ahead and one up me. Haha.

Second Step: You'll want to secure your loop to a bobby pin attached to something such as a sewing case, stuffed toy, your sock even. This makes life a lot easier. Take the string on the left and create a "4" crossing over the top of your second string. Now bring the left string under the second string creating a loop, pull upward and tight.

Third Step: Exactly the same as the second, except this time using the string on your right and facing the opposite direction. Make a "4" by crossing string over the top. Bring string under creating a loop and pull up tight. 

Continue to repeat steps two and three transitioning the string each time. It should look something like this as you go along. 

Now to create the end. Take your bead of choice and pick one of your strings to slide your bead through. With the opposite string, create the "4" loop and do the same process, pulling tight. After, tie a knot or two to secure.

Snip end as desired and voila! You've created a beautiful hemp piece! Here's two other examples of what this method may look like using other strings. The second picture is a smoother twine, while the third is a close up of friendship bracelet string (very thin). 

I purchased this beautiful hemp from top rated seller wdj16 on eBay. You can check out the shop by clicking here. Browse through various materials, from hemp to satin.
After receiving my package, I was very pleased with the amazing quality and great deal. Only $2.25 for 10 yards! I may be interviewing the seller soon and having a giveaway for a beautiful hemp piece of jewlery - so keep an eye out! 

4 comments:

  1. This is SO creative , I love it . I will see if I have some satin or hemp to try it out :)
    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very simple and fun too! Once you get the hang of it, adding more loops creates a thicker bracelet. Hope you have fun! <3

      Delete
  2. Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Brigid. She really is great at what she does. And I am SO excited to see Wicked again today. You'll have to show me your post about the rights of the Wicked Witch of the West. It sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Wicked, I'm so jealous!
      Here's a link to The rights of The Wicked Witch of the West. <3
      http://mindyourmadness.blogspot.com/2013/12/rights-of-wicked-witch-of-west.html

      Delete