Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How to get a child to fall asleep

I've been babysitting for well over 10 years, and I've found my secret formula to putting children out cold for the night. No it's not medicine, or literally knocking them out cold. It's simply a book. A Dr.Seuss book of course.



      Does your child enjoy Dr.Seuss? I bet they do. If they don't - I'd take them to the doctor ASAP (just kidding...kinda). I discovered the secret by reading There's a Wocket in My Pocket! to my cousins energetic daughter one night. While we were getting real into the book, I turn to look at her for her to finish a sentence. To my surprise - she was asleep. 
In elementary school I remember the librarian reading us a book by Dr.Seuss that made us all yawn and very sleepy. I did my studies, and it took longer than it should have. Considering it's literally called "The sleep book". I was thrilled once I ordered a copy of my own. I tested it out on my cousins adorable little girl, and my oh my did it work! I've used this book on many children. Wide awake, rebellious, and even the "I'M NOT TIRED AND NEVER WILL BE" kind. To be honest, while I was suffering from insomnia it even put me out. After days of no sleep, various medications, and some tea. Nothing worked. The Sleep Book did! This book works wonders. 
Click here to get a copy of your own!
Click here to join my giveaway!
 



4 comments:

  1. my little nephew LOVES books. Such a great way to get little kids to calm down before bed!

    Karissa
    www.karissaandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the rhythmic books just have that effect, much like a song. I completely agree - this book is a MUST-have! =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense.
      This one definitely, since it's for night time.

      Delete