Monday, January 20, 2014

All the small things

   

 A few days ago my boyfriend and I hit up Denny's for a late night meet up. On our way in a young adult asked if we'd be able to buy him food, as he hasn't eaten in a couple days. We got him $4 all you can eat pancakes. He was very appreciative, even came by to shake the boyfriends hand thanking him.

      While at the crane game in Denny's I was trying to get Spongebob. He was at the booth right next to the game and helped me out. We failed. No Spongebob here. As we were leaving Dan (the boyfriend) had to walk the opposite direction than me to get back home. Knowing what it's like struggling and lonley, I asked Mr.Pancakes to walk me home. 

      Man does that boy talk a lot. I invited him inside knowing my step-brother was home. They ended up hitting it off and played hours of video games. 

      He left that night with a blanket we gave him and a full tummy. Last I heard from him he's in a shelter a few miles away. He told me I'm a very special person, and he'll never forget what I did for him.

      As dangerous as this concept is, it went smoothly and makes me feel amazing. Impacting another life for the positive always feels amazing. Maybe in the future well run into each other again. Hopefully he'll be doing better. 

16 comments:

  1. It was so sweet of you to do so , some simple and small steps in life surely give a BIG joy . I hope he gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I wish we all would show some love to other people. Thank you for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post--quite inspirational! I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica!
      I'd love to follow each other. c:

      Delete
  4. So inspiring; thanks for sharing with us. It sounds like you really lifted his spirits.
    How is the new year treating you? If you're like many of us and have resolved to spend a little less this year, we'd love to tell you about Dorco. We're a shaving company providing quality razors for up to 70% less than leading brands. Chances are you're paying way too much for razors. Plus, by switching to Dorco you can finally afford to change your blades often, which will result in happier, healthier skin (something else I think we all want in 2014!) You don't have to sacrifice quality to save so much, though. Read what others think about our products at DorcoUSA.com, and check out our prices for yourself while you're there. Thanks for hearing us out, and we wish you all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice!
      I'll definitely check out the product. c:

      Delete
  5. You were really lovely to help him<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I'm sure you made a lasting impact on "Mr. Pancake"s life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what an amazing thing to do for someone :)

    xx
    ~Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful thing! I love helping people. He'll never forget you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete