Thursday, January 9, 2014

Inspire me 2014: Things that make me happy



Today and tomorrow I'll be taking part in blog challenges hosted by Showered With Designs and Happiness Blog. Today's topic: Things that make me happy.
Showered With Design

      Hula hooping has become a huge part of my life since 2011. The exercise is a major plus. I've lost 100 pounds since I started, and it feels amazing. What doesn't feel amazing is saying I used to weigh 100 pounds more, haha. The endless possibilities make it worthwhile. Just when I thought I've discovered every trick possible, 29373298 more pop in my book to learn. I'm currently working on how to nose hoop. 

      My kitty Gypsy was also brought into my life in 2011. I just love the picture of her cuddling Hello Kitty (really shows we're a great pair). As a kitten she used to attack her toys on her hind legs doing a "Godzilla" style attack. She occasionally does it now, it's the cutest attack you'll ever see!! Even when this bundle of fluff decides to sit on the dishwasher, I still love her to death. 

      Audrey Hepburn films never fail to make me smile. If I'm ever in a horrible mood, just pop one of these in and I'm happy in a good 5-minutes. Breakfast at Tiffany's is probably my all time favorite out of the collection. I just love her bathtub couch!! Another great film is Funny Face. I absolutely love the famous dance scene. 

     Detroit adventures are the best. The picture is taken from Heidelberg when my sister and I took a visit a few years back. It had (before the arson) houses painted with clocks and other various unusual art. Two years back my friend and I took an adventure hooping downtown through mid-town. I happen to get into a "hoop-off" with a random guy dressed in 70's attire that came out of a bar with a crowd of people. 

What's on your happiness list? 


22 comments:

  1. Wow, 100 lbs?! That's really amazing, congratulations! And to know you achieved that through something you love so much is really inspiring! I hope I find a great way to exercise and have that much fun some day!

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are FUN! ok, i need to find a hula hoop! that is awesome that it helped you drop your weight. my happiness list is doing something nice for somebody, speaking a kind or helpful word and beauty products. hahahaha I loved Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. Love classic films in general. Always watching Turner Movie Classics.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Turner Movie Classics!! As well as classics. c:

      Delete
  3. lovely post! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all things hooping! I'd love to start, but to be honest...it's something I've NEVER been able to do! Granted...I haven't tried too many times. I read somewhere that beginners should start with a very large hoop? Do you have any advice? When you first started out, was it something that came naturally to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually started a hooping blog not too long ago. I have all the info on there you need to know, plus some tutorials. c:
      www.superhooperharlynn.blogspot.com
      I have tons of advice!! Haha. No it definitely didn't come natural. XD I have a natural with dance, but hula hooping while dancing is a whole 'nother ball game. It's one of those things that once you grasp the concept you fly through. c:

      Delete
  5. Awww your kitty is adorable and what a cute name!

    xx

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. My new sweetie. My new job. new friendships. LIFE itself. Would love to hear from you more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family, my dog, being able to travel and everything beautiful ;) XOXO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pup makes me pretty darn happy too, haha.

      Delete
  8. What, you have lost 100 pounds? Wow! I'm not trying to loose weight but I'd love to get in shape so I have thought about hula hooping, it's fun - but the prob is that our apartment is too small for that sorta sports so I should find a place.
    On my happiness list is DJ the iguana, btw ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My happy list includes old movies - I love the black and white ones, and Doris Day in Pillow Talk! And also Harry Potter :)

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the most amazing rainbow hoops for sale the other day and thought of you instantly. I think you have inspired me to give it a try again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. <3
      You should definitely, it's loads of fun! ^_^

      Delete
  11. They are so sweet. Check out mine :)
    Follow each other.

    ReplyDelete