Friday, January 3, 2014

Today's one hit wonders


      What ever happened to various artists? They have one song that makes it big, then they just dissappear. That's what we call one hit wonders, and here's a list of the most recent (at least that I could think of). Feel free to comment with others!!

Gotye - Somebody That I Used to Know
Not going to lie, I called this one. Sadly, but true. 

Metro Station - Shake It
I remember being in high school, and totally knowing this band before it was cool. Ahahaha. 
Because that's what was cool, liking things before they were cool....

D4L - Laffy Taffy 
"Shaaake that laffy taffy, shake that laffy taffy giiirl!!"

AFI - Miss.Murder
Love Like Winter made it pretty big too, can we make this one a "two hit wonder"?

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Okay, Okay - they had a few other hits. In all reality, they were a nice one hit wonder. My sister and I got to see them perform this album live, it was a wonderful show!!

Terror Squad - Lean Back
I honestly just now realized this was the only hit they really had...hmm...

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue 
"There's a place off Ocean Avenue,
Where I used to sit and talk with you,
We were both 16 and it felt so right,
Sleeping all day, staying up all...
Niiiiiiggggghhhhhhttt."

Dorrough - Ice Cream Paint Job
"Cream on the inside, clean on the outside."


Well there you  have it. 
The most recent list of one hit wonders (that I could think of at least). 
Again - feel free to comment with any others!!




6 comments:

  1. I loved metro station! I started listening to their whole album before shake it came out and was so excited when it did. Their album is great.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend really enjoyed their album, it's very upbeat music. c:

      Delete
  2. i'm sad about gotye... that was such a great song! i think panic at the disco still has a rabid/ niche fanbase, even if they're not mainstream.

    xxo
    Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm upset Gotye didn't make it bigger either. :/
      I think your description of Panic at the disco is perfectly said!! c:

      Delete
  3. I like this list. My faves are the Gotye song and AFI :)
    I'm your newest GFC & bloglovin follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    http://juliaspuellaaeterna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia!!
      I loved Gotye too. :(
      No problem, I follow you as well so you'll see me often!! ^_^

      Delete