Saturday, February 22, 2014

3rd world problems

      

      Why does everything seem worse than it really is? Since I cut my hair and gained some weight I've felt like complete shit. The spring can come any day now! I have what seems to be the opposite of summertime sadness. Winter blues? Regardless, it sucks. 

      I have nothing going for me. No job, no college, no circus performing. Only myself surviving in this fucked up world to eventually accomplish something. I'd love to somehow make this world a happier place. You could say become a doctor or donate to UNICEF, but those aren't enough. I recently saw machine gun preacher (wasn't half bad). If love to be a tough bitch with a machine gun saving children in Africa who are victims of Kony.

      What ever happened to Kony 2012? The media did its job to shut down the main man of the organization with a ridiculous scandal. It makes me sick we let this stop us from helping innocent people. People who are young, and forced to kill their parents only to become part if the rebels and kill others. 

      On a side note, I have become quite find of pig tails. What's on your mind?

18 comments:

  1. We all go through times where we feel that way. I felt that way constantly when I was freelancing and trying to afford my own place. It barely worked out for me. I finally feel like I'm in an OK place, after years of wondering wtf I was supposed to be doing. I still feel that way sometimes.

    Anyway, you know you can reach out to me if you want to get out. And as soon as spring gets here, you better believe we're getting our cameras and hoops and going to belle Isle for a beach day. If you want to do something next weekend, text me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I know that's easier said than done, but your next opportunity is probably right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's times like these, you gotta focus on some positivity...maybe try hula hooping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I need. My hula hoop and me. <3 c:

      Delete
  4. What did Happen to Kony 2012? That thing touched my heart!

    I hope you feel better soon

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne.
      At least somebody didn't ignore it!

      Delete
  5. I totally feel you, Harlynn.. I think we all go through times like that. We are just trying to find our way, and sometimes (most of the times) it's frustrating. I've been there, and still am. But keep your head up, girly!! Hoping everything turns out for the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had feelings you have had Harlynn, some while ago it felt like there was nothing going in my life and I was very unhappy, because I didn't had the feeling that I belong somewhere, I was really bored and tired of anything and nothing at the same time!
    All I can say- it gets better ( I know it sounds cliche), but somehow everything sorted itself out and I am happy with where I am now! :)
    Chin up darling!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Maddie. <3
      I'm glad you're doing better!

      Delete
  7. I agree with what everyone else is saying. We've all been there, (and will probably be there again), where we're just stuck and nothing is really moving forward. But things will get better! There are always new adventures up ahead (:
    Best of luck! (Oh, and by the way, I love your blog!)

    www.jaimehowsare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime! I really appreciate it. c:

      Delete
  8. THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one, and it's great to see this feed!
    It WAS bananas that the media did that! (My husband was in theater with the Russell Family here in SD, and he speaks only good things about Jason).

    I hate that we let this all fall on the wayside, but there are children kidnapped and their innocence is being DESTROYED--soldiers and slaves.
    But it was ok because the person who brought Kony to Western attention was naked on a corner...cause yeah, that's worse? (sarcasm)

    Sorry...
    Just saying I feel you on this. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy somebody agrees!!
      I don't understand how we could so fast forget about such a huge thing going on.

      Delete