Friday, February 21, 2014

Chaotic Goddess Swaps book swap revealed

      I joined in on the Chaotic Goddess Swaps book swap last month. I was super pumped to not only get some new reads, but pick out some for my fellow reader!

      We had to pick a book we read and loved, we haven't read but want to, and one from our partners wish list. The books had to abide by our partners genre preferences. Which was a pleasant experience considering we were set up with somebody who had similar genre tastes. My partner, Miss.Angie of My so-called Chaos, sent me three lovely books. 


Books I received include Lord of the Flies, Perfect, and The Graveyard Book.

      You may wonder why the poop is want Lord of the Flies. Well, I never got to read it in school. Probably one in a million over here. I'm currently reading it and am hooked.  

      Perfect is an Ellen Hopkins book, which already means its a five star! I can't wait to crack open this one next. I feel it might help with my confidence issues also. Or maybe it will backfire, hehe. 

      The Graveyard Book I haven't heard of. It's a dark fantasy filled adventure, which is right up my alley. The description had my attention from beginning to end. 

I'm very pleased with the books I received, and hope Miss.Angie is too!!
Be sure to check out Chaotic Goddess Swaps to sign up for any upcoming swaps. They're tons of fun!!

14 comments:

  1. I think you'll really like Graveyard Book, especially if you enjoy any of Neil Gaiman's other books! And I still enjoy Lord of the Flies to this day! One of my favorite "mandatory reads," haha!

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear somebody suggests Lord of the Flies! haha.
      I'll definitely keep the Graveyard Book in mind for my next read. c: I haven't heard of it.

      Delete
  2. I have only read Lord of the Flies and actually loved that book... I haven't read the other two.. I'll be interested to findout how you like them. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked Lord of the Flies! c:

      Delete
  3. Lord of the flies is an awesome novel! :-) enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love Lord of the Flies. I re-read it often....so perfectly disturbing. I'm curious about Perfect, which I've never heard of....I hope you love ALL the books. And thanks for joining us for this swap! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look into Ellen Hopkins books!!
      No problem, it was fun!! c:

      Delete
  5. it amazes me that so many of the swaps i'm not allowed to do b/c of the type of person I am. Blunt and speak my mind. i'm not into all the cliques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am too, I'm sure you can do these swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Lord of the Flies. Read it in school..
    I haven't heard of the other two, but they sound interesting.. Will be adding them to my TBR!! :)

    This swap sounds cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially recommend Ellen Hopkins!
      They have a mug o' comfort swap you'd probably enjoy coming up. c:
      I know you like your caffeinated drinks. ;p

      Delete
  8. Graveyard... is a YA book AND it's Neil Gaiman.
    It's pretty interesting. I hope you like it!!! I need to re-read it! Let me know when you start it! Maybe we can "book-club" it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to get into this then!! c:

      Delete