Monday, February 24, 2014

DIY polymer clay rose

What you need: 
Polymer Clay
Oven
Flat clean work surface
Proper clay cutter or knife

Start by pulling off a piece of your kneaded clay. Just a tiny ball, then flatten it out. 
After, twirl it leaving the top so theres a "gap". 

Repeat step one layering onto the rose. 

You can work with the layers to make them look more life like petals. 

Keep adding layers, creating a bottom to hold onto. Finger prints are always strange looking on a flower. 

Once you feel you have enough petals, cut the bottom off neatly. 


Now bake your creation as labeled on your clay! Most are 230 degrees Fahrenheit for no longer than 30 minutes. I usually keep mine in for about 25 to prevent breaking.

16 comments:

  1. Pretty :3! I have some extra polymer clay at home :) Could try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I'd never be able to make something so dainty and fragile.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muito giro que ficou :D
    Beijinhos

    uglyfashionexperience.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to learn to work with clay! It looks fun! :
    You did a great job! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved making these in ceramics class! I will have to try polymer clay cause it's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh makes me want to get clay again!! I made a teeny rose once years ago. Too bad I have zero skill with clay XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but just keep practicing. c:

      Delete