Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dollie

   

      My cousin's daughter is just about the only person who can brighten me up on a horrible day. I haven't seen her since Easter 2013, but my mom stops by every so often. The most recent she told me munchkin wanted to have my mom give me a doll. My mom said "but I told her to just keep it for now".

Me: Aww, you should have kept it for me.

My mother: Well no see, Grandma told me she's...

Me (interrupting): She's scared of a doll isn't she?

My mother: Well it's one of those porcelain dolls..

Me: What?! You totally should have saved it and gave it to me! Poor girl. Remember when I was like 7 and watched part if poltergeist?

My mother: You saw poltergeist?

      Well, that basically explains the story to share and my view on the subject. I remember when I was about her age I had a porcelain clown doll. After receiving it I immediately gave it to my friend at at her birthday party. Therefore I can relate to the phase of "scary dolls".


16 comments:

  1. I don't like scary porcelain dolls.....or clowns.

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I enjoy clowns. Dolls don't bother me anymore, but I remember the creepiness of them.

      Delete
  2. I laughed at this, because I can totally relate...I have a blog post on pretty much the same situation, including Poltergeist.

    http://www.amybickmore.blogspot.ca/2012/09/that-which-creeps-me-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cutiepie! :)
    I have never liked porcelain dolls, they just seem so cold to me! Luckily I didn't have any of them when I was a kid!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the best word to describe them, haha.

      Delete
  4. She is such a cutie!!! I used to be so scared of porcelain dolls too! My best friend used to have one that would freak me out when I'd go to a sleepover at her place!
    Have a great week!
    (ps: I'm trying to get back to practicing hooping, I need it so bad!!)
    x
    Bel
    b-by-bel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I had some friends who'd collect dolls too.
      Be sure to checkout my hula hoop giveaway! c:

      Delete
  5. I am so scared of those dolls and clowns too. Oh and Chucky! AH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. XD
      Chucky totally ruined dolls!

      Delete
  6. I am deathly afraid of Clowns and have been since I was little. and those kinds of dolls aren't my fave either.

    but i'm glad she can brighten up your day. and that's a great pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laney. c:
      Clowns don't bother me as much.

      Delete
  7. Shocked mom questions ("You saw Poltergeist?") are my favorites!
    My friend has a creepy doll photo collection on her facebook, and it's funny...and frightening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's quite strange. I like strange. c:
      I'd be a bit frightened from it too though!

      Delete
  8. I remember that clown, it was the creepiest. And wasn't it me that you watched Poltergeist with? Heh, sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete