Friday, February 7, 2014

Judgement is only human nature

     


       Something that's been bothering me are the words “and I don't care if you judge me” on blog posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad if one doesn't care to be judged. On the contrary, why focus on the people creating negativity in your life? The blogging environment is such an open-minded and kindhearted community. If we let ourselves set free, some people will love it and others will hate it. Those who hate it usually move along to the next post (if they're mature enough). This is something I love about blogging.

      We all have to remind ourselves that everybody judges. Even you and I. We may do this subconsciously, quietly to ourselves, or aloud. It's part of human nature. We also have to remind ourselves that you can have those judge against you or for you. For example, you see an obese woman with a tube top and daisy dukes on in line at the grocery store. Some may think “what the hell is she doing wearing that trash?” while others may think “I give her a lot of credit for the confidence she has to wear such attire”.

      Remember not to worry about who will look at you in the negative perspective. Think neutral each time you write. Just...write. Let go. Type everything you have to get out and post it. If you don't love what you write, that's another story. However, all that matters is what your judgment of yourself is. Easier written down, indeed, but if we all work at this it can be accomplished. 

20 comments:

  1. I think you are right, we do judge. What I dislike is when people go telling what others should / shouldn't wear / do in their lifes / etc, and I easily snap at those people. In the style blogs, sure, I come across to looks that I don't like, but I don't go ahead telling people that they shouldn't wear that or write in my blog like OMFG PEOPLE SHOULDNT WEAR THAT (because I don't like it). Some bloggers do- it's okay when they do it as a joke, but some do it *dead seriously* . And THEM I do judge, haha :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I think people write 'I don't care if you judge me' to validate putting something they could be judged for. I can't say I've seen it written in a lot of posts though!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but wish more people felt more comfortable writing in this environment.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post. It's all true talk and yes easier said than done, but something to work on for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Savanna!
      If we were all more curious than quick to judge it'd create a more open minded world.

      Delete
  4. I like this! The more positive thinking the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True! I judge a lot but I keep my mouth shut. It's not a bad thing, it's just nature's part.Totally fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes I worry what others think. I mean, who doesnt. but now a days you're gonna have haters and people hating on you and being negative. My thing is....Get to know someone before you say I hate you. heck dont say that anyways. get to know someone b/c you never know how great they may be.

    https://twitter.com/HotOwlPink07
    hotpinkowl07.blogspot.com
    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/pinkowl07

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, you have to know a person to even hate them anyways.

      Delete
  7. I think people are too quick to judge! Look at the person's entire situation. Also don't judge what you see on the outside. Great post.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. I wish I could read more blog post that were so open and true and straight forward. not everyone does that though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because they're scared of being judged!
      Thanks Laney. :)

      Delete