Monday, February 10, 2014

Progress

      Knowing I'm not the best hula hooper in the world can suck. On the contrary, each time I gain progress it feels amazing. Practicing, pondering, and finally accomplishing a trick is like no other feeling. Knee hooping came natural to my sister. She also was hooping on her hips while I was hooping on my waist when we first started. We grasp complete opposite tricks before one another, which makes it convenient when learning something new.

   
      Within a year my posture has progressed significantly while pulling one leg out and keeping the hoop rotating on the other. I wish I could say I could pull it out and do the scorpion post like my sister, but for now I'm content with my progress.


      I'd love to perform contortion in the circus. Doing a forearm stand is harder than it seems, but I was pleased with how flexible I already am and my strength. I'd love to get those legs all the way down! An example of a trick I grasped before my sister is foot hooping. I love doing a shoulder stand while foot hooping, I think it looks amazing.

22 comments:

  1. Looks quite challenging!

    Great progress!!!
    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! I love to see progression pictures like these because it gives me hope that I can improve in the things I love! Keep it up!!!

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna hang out and hula hoop this weekend? I have a birthday prezzie for you and Josh will be gone all weekend so we should do something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Well done!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's awesome! I haven't even TRIED hooping on my legs yet hahaha! I need to start devoting at LEAST 1 hour a day 4 days a week (if not more) to hooping. Being in a circus would be SO fun! I've always thought contortion was the coolest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't hoop around my legs for awhile. Once I grasped the concept it was much easier. Being in the circus would be loads of fun!
      Since it's a fun workout, it's really easy to devote time to hooping.
      Be sure to post about it sometime! c:

      Delete
  6. That's crazy! I can't even get the hoop to stay up around my waist for one turn much less while doing a headstand. You go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - I've never seen anyone hula hoop like that before! VERY impressive!!! Then again, I'm not sure I can even do a summersault haha

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that looks so cool, and like you have come along way too :) I've never tried hooping, but maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, great!!

    http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooping is a TOUGH job and you're doing great! GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool! Looks like you have come a long way. Keep up the good work! =]

    ReplyDelete