Thursday, February 13, 2014

Shirley Temple dies at 85



      This past Monday Shirley Temple Black passed away at age 85. No, she didn't OD. She died of natural health complications. I honestly thought she would live forever.


      Temple starred in four massive box-office draws, $50,000 per movie, all before hitting 10-years-old. She retired from her film career at 22 and started off her new career as foreign diplomat.


      Successful as she was, we can't live forever. She will be missed, and praised with her movies. 


What's your favorite Shirley Temple movie?

12 comments:

  1. I have 2 sad confessions...
    1) I have never seen a Shirley Temple movie!
    2) I sort assumed she had already passed away ions ago...I had no idea she was only 85.

    I apparently need more culture in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I remember the day I found out she was still alive. Seriously. I was a kid.

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a Shirley Temple movie but she was gorgeous when she was young. I saw this the other day and was like awwww. broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :(
      Yes she was! Too cute I think...

      Delete
  3. I used to watch Shirley Temple a lot when I was a kid! Wasn't she the cutest!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah she was!
      I used to watch her movies as a kid too. c:

      Delete
  4. I have never seen a Shirley Temple film, but my grandmother loved her. She passed away in November at the age of 90. It's bittersweet to me because it's yet another person from that era that's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for your loss.
      I know, that era was amazing. I wish I could have lived in it!

      Delete
  5. I was so sad when I found out - she was amazing! Happy Valentine's Day!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. :(
      Happy valentines day to you too!

      Delete
  6. I loved watching Shirley Temple movies growing up.
    She was such a cute kid, and pretty young lady. And when she was older she still looked adorable.
    I was pretty sad to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching her movies growing up too.

      Delete