Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why you should be stretching daily

      Stretching has a huge impact on ones health and fitness. It increases the blood and nutrient supply to muscles and cartilage, thereby also reducing muscle soreness after training. Your chances of injury while working out are significantly reduced. We've got a win win, a simple win win.
      For example, a ballerina. She's tiny, but could kick your ass. Simply stretching more will create"ballerina" like abilities. The WiiFit was addicting, and I got hooked on doing the yoga everyday. It focused on booth stretching, and keeping your core balanced. 

      Key advantages of stretching include...
  • Improved Circulation
  • Decreased Muscle tension
  • Increased Joint ROM (range of motion)
  • Better Co-Ordination
  • Improved Sports Performance
  • Faster recovery after exercise
   
         Some easy stretches to start with would be in the neck, calf, thigh, back, and arms. Use this picture as a guide, but be sure to look further into each stretch to reduce chance of injury. Example, pulling a muscle. Ouch. 

14 comments:

  1. I definitely need to do this more often.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com
    hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/NightOwlBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went to yoga this morning. stretching feels great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! Stretching does feel great. c:

      Delete
  3. this is so important! i never thought. a doctor just mentioned this to me. even as you get out of bed you should do some stretching to get going.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right!
      It's beneficial in so many ways.

      Delete
  4. I love the helpful chart...I need all the help i can get in the stretching dept! I am going to give this a shot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I attend deep stretching class once a week. I love learning better ways to stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A stretching class would be fun. :D

      Delete
  6. I love stretching. There's something about it, it just feels awesome. My favorite stretch is probably my inner thighs. Also stretching first thing in the morning - it helps me get going for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh heck yeah! It'll really get you going and a great start to the day. c:

      Delete