Wednesday, March 19, 2014

5 Things I love about Detroit

I'm linking up with Showered with Design to share 5 things I love about my city. 


      The weather. In Michigan, you experience all 4 seasons. Of course, all 4 have things we all hate - but I couldn't imagine life differently.

      Downtown Detroit is full of festivals, baseball games, amazing shops, organic foods, Eastern Market, and much more! I love the circus frenzy going on lately.

      Belle Isle is the island where you can view Downtown beautifully. That's where the pictures were taken. It also has one of the top haunted places, the Belle Isle abandoned zoo! I snuck in with my photographer friend to get a nice hoop shot. c; We were scared, and only stayed a few minutes. You know how dangerous those penguin ghosts can be!


      My grandparents house is now in one of the most dangerous parts of the ghetto. I love this, as I grew up going there as a naive child not knowing. I plan to go there with my dad and his friend soon to get some photos!

      The Gratiot cruise is a yearly cruise with tons of muscle cars. I love muscle cars, they're beautiful. Driving down Gratiot in my dad's old '60 Chevy Bel Air was a great experience.

Detroit Facts
  • The home of motown, founded by Berry Gordy Jr. in '57. 
  • The potato chip capital of the world, based on consumption.
  • home to one of the largest flower-bedding markets in the world – Eastern Market
What do you love about your city?

19 comments:

  1. I have never been to Detroit, or any of Michigan for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you take a visit, explore Belle Isle someday.

      Delete
  2. Urgh I would like the Gratiot cruise if they could organise the traffic better, the police get so snappy and it just seems badly run when you compare to how well run the Woodward cruise is. I'd love to spend more time exploring Detroit, especially when it comes to food and Belle Isle we just suck on finding the time. But yeah, the jazz festival is awesome, def going to be spending more time at the festival this year as is the DIA! Not so much a fan of all the snow ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're from the metro area too? c:

      Delete
  3. hey I have seen a movie; The magic of Belle Isle...that place is so beautiful...the movie also .. :-) good to know about your city ! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a different island LOL! XD Buuut I think you'd like Belle Isle, Detroit too. c:

      Delete
  4. Visiting the haunted zoo sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up :) I love learning about what everyone loves about the hometowns they grew up/live in!
    That would be cool to have 4 seasons (since I don't). and the "hauntings" would be cool too!
    SHOWERED WITH DESIGN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a kid I used to feel bad for those in Cali because they didn't get snow. XD

      Delete
  6. Definitely great things to love about it!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to Detroit and check out all the Motown and car history, but sounds like I need to add Eastern Market, Downtown, and Belle Isle to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!!
      Don't forget to visit! c;

      Delete
  8. You should check out the documentary A Band Called Death. It's about the very first black punk rock band, some brothers from Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the weather! It's the same here. All 4 seasons and I love it! (sometimes... but this cold and snow can leave now)

    ReplyDelete