Friday, March 21, 2014

A letter to Miley Cyrus

This post was inspired by Tiffany of  Written in Blue
Check out her letter to Miley Cyrus here

      Dearest Miley, 
      
      I like you a lot better now than the Hannah Montana days. My friend in 9th (10th for her) grade had the biggest crush on you, we even got best friend necklaces themed after you. I insisted I keep the "Hannah Montana" half since it wasn't really you. So she kept the "Miley" half. I just preferred the Hannah Montana look to be honest. Anyways, I really like the new you. No negativity, you can appear like you don't give a shit what other people think of you, you have confidence, and I truly believe this is the true you



      The whole country girl playing guitar was related to your dad and his fame for country music. Maybe you enjoyed it, but that was the part of your life one doesn't usually share with others. In fact, most daddy daughter moments are alone. I'd imagine once your contract was up with Disney and you turned 18 you wouldn't be singing with a guitar on Disney Channel anymore. You're an adult who can make any choices she wants as long as it doesn't break the law, and you have done so plus avoid harming anybody in a negative matter. You deserve a cookie. 

      I can tell this is who you are. You're not whack, and if there is any crazy part of you it's the acceptable kind. Confidence is hard to achieve. You're very lucky to have so much. Keep on keeping on. 

Yours truly
Micaela 
(Harlynn)


      

20 comments:

  1. I love this!! It drives me crazy when others judge these former child stars for "acting out" or whatever but really, these kids just need to live their lives. Who is to say who is in charge of what she does? If she wants to dress / act / whatever...however she wants, she should be able to without incident! Sure, I liked her in her Hannah Montana days but I love her even more now! :)
    (And I'm not gonna lie - if I had a body like hers, I'd dress like that too! There's no shame in confidence!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that last part completely!! Haha.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. I hate it when people judge child stars for branching out and growing. I think that she's extremely talented, and that since this is America, she can act however she pleases.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really good written. i totally agree with you :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't care for Miley before, but now I have really noticed her. She gets a lot of critique, but she is growing adult and finding her style - I believe that some craziness is more normal than being a goody good lil miss forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I am with you on this one! I am a fan. She is crazy in a great way. Her confidence oozes off of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreeeee! I remember watching her on Disney for a little and suddenly she just grew up haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know haha. Like her more now though. c:

      Delete
  7. hannah montana was just an actor. it wasn't the real Miley.

    COME LINK UP YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE http://loopdelinks.blogspot.com/2014/03/friday-facebook-fanpage-link-up.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop.html

    COME SHARE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/social-media_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking to my blog! I feel flattered. I'm glad you were inspired by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that she is finally being herself and not caring what anyone thinks. I love the new Miley. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically what I feel in a nutshell.
      I don't understand why some people don't get that though.

      Delete