Saturday, March 8, 2014

Babysitters club II


      Television rules the nation. Haha. Anyways, I've been spending full time hours babysitting with my friend who's been a main sitter. Twin 9-year-old girls and an 11 year old girl. What's been on my mind is the fact I haven't been offered any pay. Honestly this lady didn't even thank me, not once. 

      Is it normal to be in this situation? If so, I feel very used an much underpaid. I'm just not sure if that's okay? Or normal. Have you been in a similar situation?

We had a sleepover with the twins. Duct tape crafts were the highlight of their night! Learned how to make bows, coin purses, and book marks. Since the oldest was at a friend's house that night, I made her a duct tape bag. 

The girls were so focused into it while not side tracking watching Futurama,haha. They're not allowed to watch it, but they're mature enough!


Here's two works of art by the twins. They'd like to get ahold of their local library and ask about selling book marks and possibly bows or "book covers" maybe. c: 

12 comments:

  1. Wow so creative! love the bows and the bag is so cute!
    That's really not OK and very strange that she didn't offer any pay, why does she thinks it comes for free?
    If she was a family, I could understand, but normally everyone offer something.

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! They are very creative. c:
      Okay so I'm not alone on this, I just don't know how to approach the situation

      Delete
  2. You had so much fun with them!
    And I guess everyone deserves a thank you, I don't understand some people! :(

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah I did! My inner child likes to burst out, hehe.
      I don't understand some people either. :/

      Delete
  3. Does your friend get paid? Was your friend the original one hired or both of you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend was hired a few months ago. Then she talked with the mother and had me come help out. We never talked about pay, and I'm not really comfortable to be the first to bring it up.
      I asked my friend if I was getting any pay, and she said no because I'm just there to "hangout", which didn't make much sense. It's work!!

      Delete
    2. That's why I was asking, maybe she doesn't pay you because they see you as just there to hang out. 9 and 11 year olds don't really need a lot of "watching" like littler kids do. Maybe ask the mom if she has any friends that need a babysitter?

      Delete
    3. I gave her a reference form just in case. c:

      Delete
  4. Hi Harlynn, thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and following me! I'm following you back now too. Welcome to my blog I'm happy to have you!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute - I love that duct tape has gotten all crafty and is available in all those fun colors and prints!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete