Monday, March 17, 2014

These are a few of my favorite things VIII


      I've been obsessed with attempting to make making friendship bracelets lately. I love the different ways to loop it together making a different pattern sequence for your bracelet. Some get boring fast though, while others are too complex to do fast. I think I may add some to my Etsy shop once I get more. c: What colors are your favorite? 




      I always have ideas running through my head. When I get thinking enough, I better have a notebook and a pen. If I could only explain how many filled notebooks I have. Just a bunch of nonsense in them. Poems, recipes, ideas, rough drafts. Plus, now that I'm possibly working for a paper I'll want to keep those thoughts.




      I shit you not, every night I fall asleep listening to Mulan and Mulan II. My boyfriend can play the movie through the speakers while he plays his game and uses his headset. It's become a subliminal thing, Mulan can cheer me up similar to how Audrey Hepburn films do. 



      I actually own one of these panda cosmetic cases. It didn't let you choose which you were going to get, and I got the suspicious looking one (top right). I love it! My sister bought me a Lisa Frank unicorn rainbow cosmetic/stationary case for my birthday this past February. It's perfect size for what I need it for, and I love it. Shut up. 




      My mom once told me horizontal make one appear wider, while pinstripes make one look slimmer. I don't know why I never forgot that. I'm a sucker for stripes lately, so I guess that lesson I'll have to unabide by. The closer the stripes, the better. 


What are a few of your favorite things?

16 comments:

  1. I used to love making friendship bracelets, but gave up because I never had the patience for one! My favorite ones by far are the ones that have purple in it. And I totally agree with you on the notebook thing. I ALWAYS carry one, because I'm always writing something. #bloggerproblems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting inpatient for them too, hehe.
      Blogger problems indeed! XD

      Delete
  2. Oh I fell for that panda pouch, so cute! I don't actually believe that stripe thing... if it makes you slimmer or not is more about the shape of the clothing item (and why should anyone looks slimmer anyway :D). So wear what you wish :) Love stripes, tho :D
    x
    Lara Lizard

    Advertise your blog here, free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be afraid of horizontal stripes, but you know what? they are cute, fun and really look so good! Embrace them!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mulan too, is one of my favorite Disney movies! and the long striped sweaters are amazing, casual but super classy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulan is definitely one of my favorites too. c:

      Delete
  5. omg friendship bracelets take me back... like way back!!! LOL now my daughter is all in to rainbow loom which is the equivalent to friendship bracelets when i was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love making them too. esp with the fun loom and all the color bands you can get. I got 600 bands for 1.99 the other day on amazon and together that day and the day before i got 2,700 and plan on getting more. making me have at least 4500 or more bands

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should do friendship bracelets. They're always so pretty! I love a pretty notebook. Great to note lovely inspirations. Striped tops are always nice. I love the song My Favorite Things! HaHaHa I love beauty products. Just trying new things. That gives me joy and helping others whenever I can. Putting a smile on peoples faces :)
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should totally show us how to make one of those bracelets!!! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started writing in notebooks again. I don't know why I stopped, but now I write everything down. It's so helpful! Also, I watched Mulan for the first time a few weeks ago. Loved it! Now I have to watch the second one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried my hand at friendship bracelets again not too long ago... harder than I remembered! Strong words were spoken and I may have thrown my pathetic attempt in disgust. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I notebooks too! Anything stationary, like pens, notepaper, notebooks, journals etc. I tend to really like. I also get distracted by beads & scrapbook supplies.
    Tiffany @ writingitinblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suspicious Panda!!! YES!
    And Mulan= Bad-Ass!
    ~ Joie Fatale

    ReplyDelete