Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What I wanted to be when I grow up

Loop de Links


Today I'm linking up with Loop de Links blog hop. You're given an option of topics to choose from and have from Monday until the following Saturday to link up. I like this because it gives you time to write a post, not a one day deadline like some hops. The topic I chose...
What I wanted to be when I grow up



      As a toddler I wanted to be a cowgirl. Yes, a cowgirl. My dad had me watching too many John Wayne movies and I thought I could be a badass like him, except even more badass because I'm a girl. I remember playing cowboy/cowgirl with my brother. We tied string to make a lasso and that's all I remember, we had tons of adventures. 

      As a child I wanted to grow up to be a famous singer. I had a karaoke machine I'd practice on. My favorites to sing were Avril Lavigne songs. Eminem was featured on one of the disks, and I liked to sing to his rap only because I was given permission to say the word "damn" and "hell". When asking my mom, I used the excuse "but Harry Potter can!". Haha. This dream ended when I lost a contest at school. I got lots of support from friends and classmates, but I figured I'd go for something else. Guess that's part of growing up, not wanting to be famous. Haha. 

      

20 comments:

  1. I wanted to be a famous singer too lol! nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to be in the Royal Air Force and then a journalist - neither of which is the reality now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royal Air Force, that's interesting!

      Delete
  3. Nominated you for Liebster Award. Check out my blog for more info. http://pastriespumpsandpi.blogspot.com/2014/03/2nd-liebster-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha it was so fun reading what you wanted to be when you grow up! I would never expect for you to be a cowgirl though! :D

    www.callmemaddie.com
    Win a $100 gift card from Jollychic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Haha. XD
      I used to be obsessed with LeeAnn Rhymes and the country scene.
      Now I hate it. XD

      Delete
  5. Haah this was fun :D Cowgirl <3
    I wanted to be an astronaut and an artist. I had an astronaut Barbie and my dad is an artist ;)
    x
    Lara Lizard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astronaut's always scared me.
      Astronaut Barbie inspired you. XD That's awesome!

      Delete
  6. Astronaut, physicist, archaelogist, just name it! I got tons of dreams! :D Thanks for sharing this idea.. I was inspired to write my entry on this as well and joining in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're joining in! Can't wait to read!
      Astronaut's always scared me as a kid, well space did. Hehe. Yet I loved it.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'd love to take part in your link up. What are the deets?

    Great post :) it's so cute that you wanted to be a cow girl haha. When I was a kid I wanted to be a lawyer and go to be trials and say smart things and put criminals away and save the wrongly accused. I guess I was an odd child ha.

    Happy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just click the picture and it'll take you to the link up. c:
      I wanted to be a lawyer at one point too, haha.

      Delete
  8. Nice! That's awesome you wanted to be a cow girl and a famous singer! I was too crazy when I was little to think of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I know I really (obsessively) loved Indiana Jones when I was little, so, maybe I wanted to be him hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Harlynn! At least yours was REAL world! I wanted to be like Strawberry Shortcake and live in a fantasy sweet land. HAHAHA
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to be a cowgirl in the rodeo too! And shoot like Annie Oakley! I also wanted to be a dentist or a vet. And I have always wanted to do voices for cartoon/video game characters!

    I really should have stuck with the last two. I still want to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should look into doing voice overs! That'd be sooo cool!!
      I hate my voice, I always wanted to be in a horror film though. c:

      Delete