Friday, April 25, 2014

Retro-inspired Windsor Collection

      I'm not one to fall in love with Jewelry, especially diamonds. Unless of course it's from Tiffany's (JK - kinda). If you're a usual reader of mine you know my love for the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's and Audrey Hepburn. You probably think I'm crazy. A 21-year-old girl doesn't like jewelry, and no diamonds?! This is for the reason of inhuman jewelry sourcing. I'm not going to let innocent lives go to risk in third world countries just to get my hands on some precious piece of stone.

      Recently I spoke with a worker at Brilliant Earth, a fine jewelry company. Before jumping to conclusions and assuming they partake in the dirty industry I did my own research. Turns out their company vision is dedicated to socially and environmentally responsible sourcing. However - diamonds aren't the only fine jewelry of theirs that come from a clean safe source. 


 "To reduce the demand for additional dirty gold mining, we only use recycled gold and platinum. These precious metals come from secondary sources and are re-refined to ensure that they are identical in quality to newly mined metals."

This is my kind of Jewelry supplier. 

      Today is launch day for their Retro-inspired Windsor Collection! The Windsor Collection features engagement rings, wedding rings, and fine jewelry that focus on the glamour of Hollywood’s Golden Age and the optimism of the post-war years. My personal favorite of times. Isn't that when Audrey Hepburn wore her fine jewelry? Now I'm even more interested. 


      Part of the new Windsor Collection includes, of course, diamonds. I think the Polaris diamond ring is my favorite of the bunch. The way it flows together with the one center piece is gorgeous! The Iris and Jasmine rings are both lovely as well. I do fall quite fond of the Iris matching set, and the simplicity of the Jasmine ring. 


      This simple retro set is by far my favorite of the entire collection. It reminds me of the vintage look and is simple with lots to show! I'm not fussy when it comes to picking jewelry, so anything simple will do really. The way this is structured is flawless. In fact, if it were any different I'd probably think it's too much. It reminds me of the simplicity yet beauty of Marilyn Monroe's engagement ring from her lover Joe DiMaggio. 


      Of course you must include a set with the launch! These jasmine earrings and pendant go lovely together. It reminds me of a leaf with a beautiful raindrop shimmering off. You can see similarities in design with Audrey Hepburn's bordered earrings (left), and Ava Gardner's raindrop look (right). It's times like these I regret stretching my earlobes, haha. The pendant I could go for however! It has a very unique look that could go with a variety of outfits. I'd love to wear it to my sisters upcoming wedding. It would also be a beautiful bridal gift. 
 
What's your favorite piece from Brilliant Earth's new launch?

11 comments:

  1. I like the simple retro set in the middle, although I kind of like the polaris one as well, but it's one I'd need to see on first. These are very beautiful. Though, I'm not much of a diamond girl, I like sapphires and rubies or pearls. But, I adore Audrey Hepburn and the movie as well :)) Feel like watching it now, ha!! Have a lovely weekend doll x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove pearls, they're gorgeous!!

      Delete
  2. These are really beautiful! But I'm that kind of girl who'd prefer flowers around her head than have diamonds in her neck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said, and I can definitely agree!!
      On the contrary, I love different stones and how each has a different healing purpose. My birthstone for example, amethyst. Known for sobriety and sleep disorders. I could definitely use an amethyst necklace or bracelet!! Haha.

      Delete
  3. I like pearls. I have some that my gma that passed away almost 2 years ago that I got from her. I love em. They make me feel so elegant and special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have real pearls?!
      How friggen classy! The fact they were your grandma's makes them even more beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Yea I do and that they are my gmas makes them more special

      Delete
  4. i'm doing a blog post about you come monday :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diamonds are girl's best friends, right? :D I do like diamond jewelry a lot as it gives such a luxurious detail to the outfit! Those rings are oh-so-beautiful! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete