Saturday, April 19, 2014

Time of the season

      It's that time of the season. You know, the time just before spring has sprung that we all have this love/hate relationship with. While mother nature's mood swings aren't my favorite, I have many favorite things during this time of the season.

Shamrock Shake
      How can one not fall in love with such a thick Irish like beverage from a cheap fast-food restaurant? I'm actually drinking one as I write. Hehe. The mint color is also in season - haha. 

The smell of spring
      Each season has their own smell, and I love each and every one of them. The smell of fresh spring is by far one of my favorites. Un-explainable yet beautiful. 

Thunderstorms
      My dog hates them, but I love them. Thunderstorms are the perfect nap time. Especially when the power goes out. However, waking up to a power outage is never fun. 


Rainbows
      I may not be twelve anymore, but I do get excited over a good ol' rainbow. Who doesn't? April is the month of rainbow's basically (at least in Michigan). I have yet to find a pot of gold. 


Yard Sales
      With all the spring cleaning, everybody's going out with the old and in with the new. You know what they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". You never know what you can find at a yard sale!!

What do you love about this time of the season?

8 comments:

  1. I am so determined to figure out how to make my own shamrock shake. Those things are heaven sent. Everyone thinks I'm nuts for thinking it, but I definitely think they add a little bit of orange flavor (along with the mint flavoring, of course.) Thanks for making me crave one now!!
    -Val :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure it out let me know!! ;p

      Delete
  2. Oh I absolutely love shamrock shakes and it's been waaayyy too long since I've had one (they don't carry them here--gasp!!)! And thunderstorms...I miss those too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes to it all :)) I miss the shamrock shakes and yard sales...they don't have those here. They do sales, but not usually in the yard like we do, miss those :)) Have a super week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too?! Why the sudden no shamrock shakes?! :O

      Delete
  4. Oh man, Shamrock shakes.
    Sooooo tempting! IDK why McDonald's has to do this to me. So tempting.
    But I'm glad St. Patty's is over...I was so ready to head out and grab one NOW! phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, thunderstorms! I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete