Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Visiting BFE

      There's nothing like taking a visit to the place you grew up. For me, that's my mom's house in BFE (Butt Fucking Egypt). Pros of living in BFE include privacy and a huge yard (over 10 acres). Cons of living in BFE include the lack of civilization and the creepy nights. Regardless, I'll always love visiting.


      No, I don't have a book of stories swimming in the pond summer after summer. The only time I recall swimming was when my friend from England lived here for a year and she suckered me into it. If you're a regular reader of mine, you know I'm horrified of fish. The deck used to be a normal deck, not sunk into the pond. We'd walk out and feed the fish bread and had our paddle boat tied to the end. 


      When I was seven a pup named Oliver was brought into my life. He's in the package of going to my mom's. You can ask him for stories about swimming in the pond, he has plenty. This yard is his life. Chasing him down summer to winter and putting him back on his chain - he now finally has senior rights and can be trusted without a chain. Haha. 


      I didn't get any good pictures of the front yard, but one day I'll post the entire area around my mom's house. It is a beautiful place.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I just saw you were in hospital! Hope you are fine now!
    Yup it's nice to visit the good old hoods.. :) Our summer cottage is my fave. I have been playing there when I was a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing much better!! Took a break and stayed with the mum.
      It's great to visit the "good old hoods" from time to time. ;p

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your doing better!!! Your dog is soooo adorable!!!!!!! WOW 10 acres!! That's awesome, I love the scenery of it looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see right now I just need to make a list and it to do you. what scares harlynn? LOL and so much more :p love you girl. can't wait to see the post you do about all the goodies I sent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feeling better doll, that's marvellous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute, woah 10 acres.. :) I have a new outfit post on my blog and I would die if you could check it out and give me some feedback <3 have a great wednesday!

    xoxo chloewithadash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dog!!!! I wish I had that much land to run around, too! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so relaxing while visiting, I love taking advantage of the yard!

      Delete