Friday, May 2, 2014

Yeah, I smoke



      If there's anything I love more than hula hooping, it's smoking. Does that make me a bad person? Yes, because it's illegal. Other than that, no. You probably drink just as much. The state of Colorado was given the freedom to smoke legally this year. Hopefully this is the start of a new beginning. The beginning of legalizing marijuana in the United States. Here's some benefits of marijuana usage.

      Helps those suffering from Alzheimer's -Studies show that THC slows the formation of amyloid plaque, which is what kills the brain cells of Alzheimer's patients. By blocking the enzyme in the brain that creates the plaque.

      Helps those suffering from diabetes - Marijuana users are less likely to become obese and have a lower risk for diabetes. Marijuana users have shown fasting insulin levels that were 16% lower than those who have never used, along with 17% reduction in another measure of insulin resistance as well.

      Improves lungs in cigarette smokers - Researchers looking for risk factors of heart disease tested the lung function of 5,115 young adults. Tobacco smokers lost lung function over time, but marijuana users showed an increase in lung capacity. It's possible that the increased lung capacity maybe due to taking in deep breaths while inhaling the drug, and not from a therapeutic chemical in the drug.

      It also helps cancer to stop spreading, may decrease anxiety and depression, ease muscle spasms, relive arthritis, and helps control epileptic seizures. Honestly, I see no harm done. Obviously you shouldn't do stupid shit while high, in fact it's those who do that ruin it for the rest of us. Just like those who drink and drive ruining things for other drinkers. I'm not saying you should get off the computer and go smoke a bowl, I'm just saying you shouldn't judge myself or anybody else for doing so. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, found your blog through the No Rules Blog Party and am now following along. I love this post and couldn't agree with you more about what you've said. It's sad that people will judge others based on something like smoking when they don't understand it (and just judging people in general is awful but is unfortunately quite common I've found from my personal experiences). If they've never smoked or researched it, they assume it's this terrible thing, it's a "drug" and they look down on people for using it. I'm not saying everyone does this, but I've definitely encountered a lot of people that think this way. Personally, I think drinking causes way more trouble than smoking some pot, yet drinking is legal and widely accepted. Anyways, love your honesty and looking forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post Kristin!
      I agree that drinking causes more problems than smoking!!

      Delete
  2. I'm all for it! Hopefully it will change everywhere soon. It always gets voted No in California. People need it for various reasons and those that don't.. I don't see an issue with them using it as long as they are smart about it. A woman that left her baby on top of her car... makes me cringe! One person has to ruin it for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always that one person, and it's the stupidest shit too!!

      Delete