Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hoop progress


      I've successfully accomplished nose hooping! I did two full rotations before going hysterical asking my buddy to grab my phone. To see the video check it here

      The process of nose hooping contains two key points. Balanced core and a steady positioning of the head parallel to the ceiling/sky
      To help keep balance, here's a trick my ballet teacher would use. Pretend you're a doll with a string going directly through the center of your body (head to feets). The string is always being pulled upward, creating a very straight posture. 
      To keep head positioning keep your head parallel to the ceiling/sky or whatever's above you. Do not move your head on an upward angle!! Downward angle will create it to fly off your face. Upward angle will make it glide off your face. 
      Next hold the hoop setting it with the inside of your hula hoop touching the septum part of your nose (where you have open nostrils). Keeping light grasp to level the hoop, make steady turns the way you'd naturally turn your hula hoop to spin. Lightly build speed. Now let go of the hoop and let it flow in the rotation. Keep turning your body!! You should be able to feel the difference between the momentum of your hoop and the speed of your turns. 

      Whether or not you're into giving hula hoop dancing/tricks a try, be sure to at least give my video a look. People seem to either find it bizarre, pretty awesome, talented, whack, or they just don't give a shit about hula hoops. Let me know your input either via YouTube or in the comments!! 

Do you have a YouTube channel with awesome updates on whatever it is you do? Leave the link below so I can take a peek!! 

6 comments:

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post. such a nice thing to do. I wish I could do this, it looks so hard haha
    great blog, very inspiring
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Remember you can do anything you put your mind to!!

      Delete
    2. hi girl, I hope so ^^ . Im following you back now on gfc :)
      if you want to follow anywhere else, let me know and I will follow back :)
      have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of nose hooping until now. Very interesting concept but I don't think I have the patience or posture to do that! But it's pretty cool nonetheless.

    Don't forget to follow me!

    Cheers

    http://www.lifelustandotherstuff.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete