Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Getting rid of Goldie Locks


      This was taken summer 2013. Had just chopped my hair off and dyed it blonde. Summer 2014 it was about shoulder length. My natural red had grown back with frizzy blonde ends. That summer wasn't the best. Went from weighing 120lbs to 180lbs before summer came. Got stuck an hour away from home with an ex living in the middle of shack town. The block knew I was a crazy and knew better than to bother me.

 
      My self confidence was so low it hardly existed. So, I chopped off the blonde ends and kept my hair up since it looked horrible with all the straight cut layers (see above picture)After showers I avoided any heat damage by air drying and not straightening. By the time I managed to get back home, my natural hair was just below my shoulders and I had lost 30lbs. 


      To this day I air dry my hair and avoid heat damage. A couple days ago was the first time straightening my hair in months. Never realized how much more length straightening shows. Now it's lovely, long, and naturally red again. Crazy what heat and dye can do to destroy our locks.


      Maybe getting my hair back took some time, but I didn't use any of those scam products for "hair growth in a month" or Mane n' Tail shampoo. If you treat your hair good, it will look good. Do you have any natural hair growth secrets?

14 comments:

  1. I'm growing mine out again after chopping off 4 years ago after a bad break up and my original color has finally came thru all the way and I got rid of the light blonde by cutting it. I keep it trimmed and I dont know the last time I used a blow dryer or a straightener. So I'm hoping mine is back to where it was before I chopped it out which was down my back almost to my butt LOL. You look awesome chick. Keep it up. and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's gotten healthy and growing long again!
      And you know I will, and always do keep faith.

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hair.
    I wash my hair once a week and never use heat or hairspray (only on special occasions). It has kept my hair from being less damaged (tho it still is damaged because I bleach haha).

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serum for hair can help replace hairspray. When it comes to styling it at least. And thank you!!

      Delete
  4. You look so different in all four pics!

    I've decided I like my hair short - no longer than shoulder length. When I have it longer than that, my face looks pointy, for some reason. So never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I look horrible with short hair because of my face shape. Therefore I get what you mean about length preference! I envy your locks, looks so long and silky!

      Delete
  5. Okay. First of all, now you look lovely and adorable! Second, how did you manage to lose the weight, I am so proud of you, as I have gained 30 plus pounds in the past 4 years and HATE myself for it, seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you have such pretty hair, I was going to mention Mane and Tail, oops! I desperately need a trim, but am too fat....go figure!

    That was so nice of you to mention I should start blogging again, but since I became such a FATTY, I cannot imagine going back, I am so ashamed, however, thank you for caring, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah mane n tail smells nice but doesn't grow horse hair.
      I've gone through weight loss a few times. I'll post how I fight through it! Weight has nothing to do with writing!! Bloggers range in weight and some don't show themselves. You should feel good enough about yourself to post a picture, or at least a post! Looking good is feeling good, and looking good is different in everybody's eyes.

      Delete
  6. You look like a different person with that blonde hair. We have a girl at work who had very long curly black hair and then one day it was straight and really blonde. I almost had to wonder who the new person was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between my glasses, weight, and hair, it'd be hard to recognize pictures of me from 2011 - now. That's hilarious you thought there was a new girl!! Haha. Black and curly to straight blonde is quite a difference though.

      Delete
  7. You're gorgeous, girl :) I usually just let it grow out until I can't stand it anymore (usually about a year) then chop off the broken ends and repeat. Sometimes I go from boob-length to above-the-shoulder length... Depends on my mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan for now on too! Just razor the ends here and there.

      Delete