Monday, February 22, 2016

Longboards and soul sistas


      The day after my birthday I received this from my man. We checked out a local shop at an outdoor mall nearby. It was all local Detroit artists artwork, with business cards for each. I've been wanting a longboard quite sometime now. If they don't have locks on them (Fuck you Target), I'll be riding one around the store browsing. Apparently it's been duly noted. As he got the artists business card and went back to get me this baby. I'll credit the artist when I find the information on how you can check them out.  Just saying, I'll have cliche longboarding in the sunset pictures coming this spring. No, no I'm kidding, hopefully not. 


      I finally made the winner of Detroit Circus Freaks group on Facebook her first hula hoop. Actually grew up in the same small town with her. Didn't realize until after she gave me her shipping address. Now we're planning to meet up so I can tell her my secrets as a magician. I mean, how to hula hoop and dance. Same thing when it comes to the illusions. So when I teach, I have my grasshoppers catch on for themselves now on. 

      Soul sista Sally Mae was spotted by my man and I at a dollar store where nothing's a dollar. We went back after not purchasing her, and the bitch went on sale twice. Hahaha. So she was a dollar. Who in the hell made this thing? The 2-year-old I sit for is in that "I'm repeating everything you tell me" phase. She's also taken an interest in African American baby dolls. I can't wait for her to ask where Soul Sista is one day as they're walking in. I can't imagine how her parents would think at that moment. I just realized they added me on Facebook, so they probably know what there in for. 

7 comments:

  1. Military Husband would be way jealous of that longboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually pretty long too, not like the size of a normal surf board or anything. He enjoy skating?

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome longboard! I'll be expecting a sunset picture now... It could actually be really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my man last night "I can't wait for spring. So I can get cliche pictures riding my longboard into the sunset". Hehe. I'll get one dedicated to ya.

      Delete
  3. I have never skateboarded or longboarded in my life. I'm pretty sure I'd break my neck!
    Shoes to Shiraz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as hard as one would assume! Longboarding is less pushing, more stable balance. You just glide. Relaxing!

      Delete