Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The number 23


      My ma got me these lovely pastries from a local bakery. Because today I turned 23. I feel old (shut up). She also got me a few things in a cute reusable Frozen themed bag. 


      I love collecting perfume samples. The euphoria is a very classy scent. Not too much of the smell of the old lady section in Church. Gucci was a sweet classy. Escade was a more fresh scent. I'll most likely be switching from my empty BeyoncĂ© perfume to Gucci. 


      I also got some lovely nail polish. I'm obsessed with mascara, hair, and nail polish. This shade is Mardi Gras by SINFULSHINE. Which happens to be made in the USA. Enough for me to love. You only need two coats for a slick shine.  

      I didn't expect anything, so I find it sweet my ma got me some things. She also got a "Red Poppy" scented candle. I've taken a recent obsession with candles. Told you I was getting old. Now finishing the day off cleaning and organizing. Can't complain. Clearly I'm an Aquarius. What's your sign?

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!
    I'm a Virgo. Born on the 9th day of the 9th month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with my sibling!!
      September 9th

      Delete
  2. What a pretty nail polish, and those cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're delicious! Cream filled ones hehe.

      Delete
  3. 23?!

    I remember those days. A few months ago...

    The nail polish shade looks great.... for a 23-year old.

    Kidding. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, thanks Nasreen. Ya smart ass!

      Delete
  4. Hey, Happy Birthday, young one! I am ashamed to tell you how old I am....let's just say I could be your mum! I love the number 17, good for you! Hope you had a wonderful day, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Age ain't shit after one turns 20! I almost wrote about the number since I've always loved it too. Still even remember turning 7. Must be my lucky number. Thanks Tracy!!

      Delete
  5. Scorpico, BTW always spells trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Aquarius and Scorpio click, if I remember my zodiac studies correctly haha.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure other people have mentioned this, but please don't feel old at 23. You have too long a life ahead of you to feel that way now, and age IS just a number. :)

    Those are beautiful gifts. And since when is liking candles an "old person" thing?

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J.H.! My ma and dad used to be obsessed with the candle shop...childhood flashbacks of horror, dreaming to be at Toys R Us across the street. Haha.

      Delete
  7. happy birthday! may this be your best year yet!! xoxoxo love the polish too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we share the candle obsession gene :)

    i have 10lbs of wax at home, i'll make you some candles as long as you don't burn your house down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cupcakes look amazing. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww happy birthday, that looks so yum and trust me 23 is not old. It's my permanent mental age. I fell in love with my signature scent through a perfume sample! Have an amazing week


    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 23rd birthday!!! The Internet wasn't even a word I KNEW when I turned 23, that's how old I am. Those cupcakes look like I could just reach out and touch them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that.....technology has advanced like crazy!
      And thank you!!!

      Delete
  12. Im glad you had a great birthday. Those cup cakes look good enough to pull thru the computer screen and eat. and i'm so craving sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, sorry but maybe if you were in Michigan!!

      Delete
  13. I remember feeling old at 23. Time does fly. Have a Happy Birthday and great year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cupcakes look amazing! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete