Sunday, February 28, 2016

Weekend with the longboard


      This past weekend, my man and I got to take a glide on my new beaut of a longboard. I told you cliche longboarding in the sunset photos were coming. Due to the cloudy weather, I wasn't able to be that cliche. 


      Longboards are more of a relaxing experience than skateboarding. More control and balance. Less momentum needed. Gliding at a faster pace is easier and more of a relaxing workout than core like skating


      It's like a baby surf board on wheels. Yes, I still managed to fly off. Only once. Promise. 


      He got his first app. Besides Plants vs Zombies...and Plant vs Zombies 2. Surprisingly he used the board more than myself while at the park. Watching him fight the wind was priceless, he won though.


      I told you it was windy. Apparently my hair makes my smiles in the wind. How'd your weekend go?

12 comments:

  1. Military Husband is jealous! He's been trying to get me to let him buy one. Haha I banned skateboards because he's been hurt too many times and we are ancient...so he needs to stop. But every time we are in the Vans store I'm reminded that he really really REALLY needs a longboard. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you should get a longboard and ride it yourself too! It's easier than you'd think. Not something to do tricks with, just glide.

      Delete
  2. I never could do any kind of skateboard. I was always scared I'd lose my balance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balance is everything. Just gotta tighten your core. Which I forget...and end up flying off.

      Delete
  3. I love the pictures! I've never been longboarding but I've heard a ton of good things. Maybe one day I'll steal my friend's board and give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like fun! i wanna try it sometime :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd dig it, you, me and our men should chill a lot more this spring/summer. After this BS with court he will be back to enjoying life.

      Delete
  5. You say more control and balance. I say just as many slips, falls, and broken bones. I can do many things, but anything involving a board is not one of them. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you gotta fall a few times before you're able to stay on the board casually. Sometimes I wonder what surfing feels like, all the different angles would kill me!

      Delete
  6. How cool is this right? I missed your blog and posts though! I tried riding a skateboard and im like "nope, this is going to be a disaster". So for me, cool kids are those who can ride a skateboard! you are one! hahaha. #CoolKidHarlynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, I believe if I can do it anybody can!

      Delete