Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Video game commentary - an outsiders view


      The significant other and I have been getting down with this GameCube the neighbors gave us before moving. Watching him play Resident Evil Zero was quite entertaining. First off, I had no idea the game was based on killing zombie creatures. Shows my non-gamer reputation. Pretty sure if you shoot a zombie in the face 3688795 times it should be dead. Not in this game. Pretty sure bugs don't crawl out of their body to wrap you up in horror. Whatever the t-virus is, it's done fucked up. Created (by accident?) while experimenting with biological war-fare. 

      What kind of sick biological warfare if this!?


      I couldn't find a screen shot for the particular scene, but at the beginning a man (Captain...?) flys through the window. The girl character asks wtf just happened. The man replies rambling on "They will get you, it's dangerous here, etc etc". No, not the answer to the question. How and why in the hell did you just fly through the window? Were you pushed, or are you insane and jumped through glass? 
Little bizzare to me. 

      There you have it. Video game commentary from a non-gamer. Have you played Resident Evil Zero? 

10 comments:

  1. This makes me miss Gamecube :) it was my favorite console!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people say that I've noticed. I grew up with an N64.

      Delete
  2. LMFAO! Yes, I have. I've played most of the RE games. And yes, YES, it takes 5,432,800 thousand shots to kill zombies. Holy crap it's annoying. I can easily put it down, but there are some games like the choose your own adventure that I will play all night!
    Girl, you should try gaming. There are a lot more "female friendly" games out there - I liked Beyond Two Souls, Until Dawn, Life Is Strange, Telltale's The Walking Dead, and I actually enjoyed a couple of the Batman games (Arkham Asylum is my favorite). Give it a shot - it's VERY therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therapapeutic I've never looked at it as. I always believed it was an addiction that sucks you in. However..that makes sense.
      I've enjoyed all that I've played, only got addicted to sims. Lol. I'll give it a shot the next time we get a game.

      Delete
  3. I watched the movies, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this moment in time, as I'm reading this, my significant other is mid-ramble about the movies being horribly off. I'm not listening hence I'm typing but that's crazy I read this as he's saying it haha.
      Apparently not, didn't know of the movies till now.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me either. Just sims if it's available haha.

      Delete
  5. The 2nd picture is of Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4, which I think was better than Zero.

    Zero was certainly the RE most in the series missed. Controlling two characters at the same time as a bit more challenging than the regular one. I got to the 2nd disc and quit afterward. It's gets pretty damn scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take that much to kill the zombies once you upgrade to the shotgun. It's the bigger beasts later in the game that are a pain

      Delete