Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Weight loss


      Once upon a time I weighed 230lbs. Can't show a picture of myself at my biggest, because I never took pictures. Within a 2-year period I went down to 120lbs. I don't look too healthy in either of the pictures shown. Currently I'm 140lbs, which is a healthy BMI for my height. How did I do it? 


     The amount of time dancing per day with a weighted prop. Prop of choice, my hula hoop.


      Lots of stretching and yoga. In 2011 my mother got me the WiiFit, in return gaining experience with yoga. Eventually started teaching myself more strength than stretch poses.


      More dancing with props! I kid you not, my arms were pretty damn muscular while learning poi. Poi isn't my favorite of circus arts, but has its benefits.

      Exercise and tons of water is/was my main focus. During my years of weight loss I ate a vegan diet. However, nutrition is something I'm still working on. Never would have thought I'd lose as much weight as I have. Especially by hula hooping. If you're interested in circus arts, be sure to check out how to make your own weighted hula hoop in an upcoming post. 

12 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!! Water is amazing; it really does help you stay fit and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how much water impacts our health.

      Delete
  2. You look great. It's always been hard for me to get the balance right. I either overdo everything or do nothing at all. I'll keep working at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like that, just gotta find what you enjoy.

      Delete
  3. If you don't take multivitamins already I'd recommend it. I never had the perfect diet, but they've made me feel better long-term.

    Congrats on your weight loss, I would have never guessed you once weighed 230

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take prenatal vitamins, which are multi. Thanks, it's always nice hearing that! Haha.

      Delete
  4. Poi? I will have to google that. YOu look healthy and awesome! Fitness is fun when you love the activities you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using two tethered weights to create an illusion. It wasn't until I enjoyed fitness that I actually saw results.

      Delete
  5. Our shoes are hand-made and all-leather pieces of art. We work very hard at every shoe produced. We guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
    auratrends.co.uk
    grabbit.com.pk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can contact me regarding sponsorships found in my "about" section. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. You look great :) You have such a sweet weight loss story! I would have never thought that hula hooping or poi could have so many benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emilie! It's been almost 5-years hooping and messing around with poi occasionally. I'm definitely addicted!

      Delete