Saturday, May 7, 2016

Allegedly April showers bring May flowers


      My ma's a gardening type gal. Never favored the bugs myself, or gave a shit about planting stuff. Every earth day in elementary school we planted a tree. Scoping out your BFFs from other classes to stand by during the "ceremony" was the only part I cared for.           
     This weekend ma came with some flowers to plant. The previous owners already had red tulips (which are one of my favorite flowers) but they're depressed, or shy. All I know is they're not vain. Last year they didn't even bloom. This year they did, but already dying. The neighbors flower beds are no better than mine, and half have the same tulips blooming beautifully! 
      However, we put some carnations next to them. They're pretty color and smell good. Never knew carnations smelled from what I remember. We did some other stuff, but I wanted to show the lack of motivation in the tulips. 
      On a last note, im starting to not mind planting flowers. 

12 comments:

  1. Gardening is a strange science. I have an intense phobia of worms, so my gardening adventures are scarce. Still tho... I think mother nature just likes messing with me. All the tulip and hyacinth bulbs I planted in my mother's front garden years and years ago never sprouted past a few sad and haggard looking leaves every spring. And yet in the office I can keep the orchids blooming year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like I'm not the only one with lame tulips, haha. Never mind worms myself.

      Delete
  2. Houston has fire ants, which are almost impossibkle to get rid of no matter what you do.

    I have knelt in a pile of fire ants before.

    I don't kneel outside very often anymore.

    I like looking at other people's flowers, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh my gosh that'd be horrible to kneel in fire ants!

      Delete
  3. Admittedly, I'm big into gardening. But I prefer to plant the kinds of flowers you can eat. I think they call those vegetables. Makes gardening more rewarding, I think, since I'm big on food-based rewards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They call those vegetables..." lol

      Delete
  4. nice flower, I tried growing some one year and it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not big in to gardening....ha, not big in to anything these days, but I would go with perrianals (Sp?) at least they try to come back each year........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, but my ma's the gardening nazi. Can't complain though haha.

      Delete
  6. I used to not enjoy gardening until I started to with my mom years ago when I still lived at home. It's so nice to enjoy being outside =o)

    http://dreamofadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete