Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kawaii flower child


      Baking and cooking is a talent I've never grasped. This past weekend celebrating at my dad's I planned to bake muffins, frost them, and add cute sprinkles. Aiming for a kawaii look. I seriously bought three packets of muffin mix so I could do test runs. Frosting was way too sweet! These were the last batch but only made six...


      While at the pops my brother's girlfriend brought along her new pup. Meet Bear, who eventually passed out from playing in the acres of land with fellow pups. 


      On Memorial Day we visited my grandpa (who's a veteran). His garden had grapes and strawberries. A few strawberries started showing, I've never seen them in the process of growing. He questioned if I had anything growing at home. I replied "...I grow flowers". Of course he said he's not surprised, as I'm a flower child. Haha. Puns. 

11 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with those star-shaped sprinkles.

    Baking is tough, it's more chemistry/science than cooking. I can throw anything together cooking and end up with something delicious, but my baking experiments only have about a 50% success rate.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...
      At least we have proof we can't make meth. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Baking can be a pain! I'm not really good at baking pies. They never come out right. Cupcakes and cake I can do though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to learn to frost cupcakes and cakes nicely.

      Delete
  3. My coworker got a new puppy. They named him Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's crazy! Does it look bear like/fluffy?

      Delete
  4. Those muffins look awesome. If Lucky Charms proved anything, it's that sugary stars make everything great.

    I gardened this weekend, and planted, among other things, strawberries and grapes. I think watching grapes grow is the coolest (that's how you know I'm old as hell, and I can't believe I'd ever say such a thing). When they first start growing, and they're just tiny clusters with star shapes in the middle, it's pretty neat looking.

    https://salmonfishingqueen.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/red-flame-grapes.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw the strawberries growing. He claimed grapes were coming in...but I didn't see any. Haha.

      Delete
    2. Ohh wow, that pic threw me off. Maybe I just thought I didn't see them.

      Delete
  5. how adorable are those muffins! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete