Thursday, May 12, 2016

Planting brains



      Recently I expressed my feelings towards gardening. As an amateur, scoped out a "brain growing kit" at Five Below. 

      Let me just express my love for Five Below for a moment. Every dollar store I've came across excluded name brand toys. This place has name brand, collectibles, houseware, beauty products, clothes...all for $5 or under. 



      The amateur planting kit included a disk that turns into soil after adding water. After mixing it into a soil, you sprinkle on the packet of seeds. 


      At first I thought I'd been gypped. The seeds were tiny as hell dots. Looked like dirt specks. 


      Still sprinkled them on, putting a layer of clear wrap over the top secured with a rubber band. Currently they're chilling on a window sill waiting to grow into cockscomb flowers. Comes from the Greek word meaning "dry piece of wood" (wtf?). During Victorian times, they represented silliness, humor, and warmth. Just what I need. 

      Do you have any experience with growing kits from FiveBelow? 


14 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I love this! Just what I needed after an awful, weight gaining Fatty, fat week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh you hush! Even though I've felt the same about myself lately.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of that kind of plant, I can see they drew inspiration from Plants vs Zombies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that brand, but does look identical.

      Delete
  3. Totally intrigued- we would love this in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's pretty cool! maybe i'll go pick one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha how cute! My sister has a scull pot with a brain looking cactus growing out of it. These flowers are the perfect choice. Brain tastic

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A skull pot with a cactus sounds awesome!

      Delete
  6. I love that store.

    A few years ago, my cousin was constantly demanding that I send him a giant redwood. I found a kit to grow a giant redwood in Five Below and sent it to him. He killed it.

    I'm getting optimistic now my roses are blooming and my forget me nots are sprouting, I might go to Five Below and check out those gardening kits...

    Good luck with your brains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! At least it wasn't too pricey.
      So far only one tiny sprout.

      Delete