Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lucky ducks


      During a red light, a family of ducks started walking down the crosswalk. How curtious. The light turned green. Their little feet could only make it half way. Thinking I'm about to see road kill and have demented thoughts the next month, nobody took off. 

      Here in Michigan you'll find traffic horrendous, and the biggest asshole of drivers. Hence I don't drive. 

      The ducks made it 3/4 across the highway before an asshole driver skids past everybody fast as hell. 

      Heading directly towards the ducks. 

      He nearly hit them. It was all so fast yet the ducks dodged him. No more than an inch from death. Everybody honks their horns at the asshole, scream profanity, continuing to let the ducks cross. 


      We have to keep in mind a big heart isn't rare. 

       We must also keep in mind a cold heart isn't rare either

10 comments:

  1. Omg!! I slow down for everything. I could never hit an animal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made this little story a glass half full/half empty tale. There's always one asshole that ruins everything for the rest of us. I don't drive either, btw. And one day I was walking home when I saw a car stopped at a light. The light changed, car didn't move. And as some jerk from behind honked his horn another guy got out of his car on the far end of the cross street, ran over to help him, and they both pushed the car out of the way. I wanted to find the horn honker and yell at him to either help out or shut up. But I digress.

    I'm glad to hear the ducks were okay :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is a glass half empty half full type story.
      That's literally just as much of a common curtesy act as the ducks! A car stalls, and everyyyyyybody hates the person.

      Delete
  3. I'd like to think that he felt bad later on.

    People can be horrible. But I once had a job where I had to interview people who had legal problems. And the bad guys generally feel really bad about what they've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interview people whom had legal problems? Please do explain!!

      Delete
  4. That's just awful...heartbreaking....as if life isn't bad enough already1

    sending love to you, tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send love to those ducks!! Haha.
      It is horrifying, thank God he didn't get 'em...

      Delete
  5. I really try to avoid animals, some squirrels are too dumb to get out of the way until I honk at them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels and deer can go to Hell. Deer are like people in Detroit. They don't cross until it's the most inconvenient time, or if they want to block your car to sell Paris Hilton perfume.

      Delete