Sunday, July 10, 2016

Oliver and company

"As I kid we'd ride around Uncle Cleo's 88 acre farm in Kentucky. I fell in love with that tractor when I was a little kid. I remember one time when we just drove down, uncle Cleo came over the hill and I swore Oliver smiled at me when I saw him. Funny the things that kids see."
- My pops


      Once upon a time in 1957 my great grandpa invested in a (this) super 55 Oliver. After he passed, my Uncle Cleo inherited it. Cleo lived on the farm his whole life. No running water, electricity, had an outhouse, truly a southern hearted man



      Pops decided to give it a slick paint job in 2003 at his shop here in Detroit. Cleo wouldn't use it, claiming it's too shiny (U.Cleo is an adorable trip). So, he gave it back to my pops. Growing up my dad spent a lot of time on the farm with Cleo. Oliver and the farm bring some sort of nirvana to my dad. Both are gorgeous, can't doubt that. 


      After the ride was a beautiful country sky. Pops claims it's from the power of Oliver, haha. 

      Do you favor the city life, or country at heart?

6 comments:

  1. I almost thought it was a John Deere with the yellow and green.

    I'm a bit of a hybrid of urban and rural. My new house is ten times more rural than my childhood home. I like the quietness of it. I also don't miss wannabe gangsters and potential hoodlums walking down the streets all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for rural when I get a different place. Won't miss the wannabe gangsters, or gangsters. Lol

      Delete
  2. Country at heart and thank you for the nice things you said about me....you are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a country person (Kentucky native) through and through. Even now, living in Germany, I am living in a tiny rural village :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, sweet!
      Kentucky to Germany. Interesting!

      Delete