Sunday, August 21, 2016

Engagement party

      I've never experienced an engagement party until this weekend. Big brothas lovely lady is naturally classy. Also very traditional. The immediate families and a couple close friends of there's attended the party. The event was to introduce the families. Buuut everybody sat with the people they know. Sooo, big brotha and his lady had a few people introduce themselves and say an embarrassing story about one of them. 


For example
      Easy mac came out. Big brotha didn't add water. He thought it was that easy. Smell in the kitchen was as inconvenient as when you burn popcorn. 

 

      Lovely mother and I. Don't take from many of her lovely features sadly...only have her lips and jawline. Still can't find the picture of my dad in middle school. It's me...but a dude. Adore pictures with my ma. Especially this one. 

17 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Congratulations to your brother! Everyone will probably open up and get to know each other better eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often "mingle" with my brother's in-laws. It's awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to your brother (but not on burning the easy mac. Come on, man, it's 'easy' for a reason)!

    Neither of us have ever been to an engagement party. After someone we know gets engaged, we usually just toast our next beer to them and call it a day.

    Awesome pics of your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      That's also what I'm used to doing after an engagement. However, as a chick I'm pumped experiencing a fairy tale white wedding. Because that's not what my wedding would be...too much for a Micaela.

      Delete
    2. Not too many bones, too much spotlight...

      Delete
  4. Great pics indeed. Never been to an engagement part. Who knew easy mac was easy to burn lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw these are great.
    And congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for your visit, Harlynn! I've never been to an engagement party either. They do take engagement photos in Hawaii though. You and your mom are both lovely. I don't look like my mom either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they do! Haha. Lovely place to have engagement photos!

      Delete
  7. Everybody sat with the people they know... That's the way it usually goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      Well we were supposed to mingle.

      Delete
  8. What a great photo of you and your mom, or mum as we say in the UK. I just popped over from Nasreen's blog to check yours out. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete