Thursday, September 1, 2016

Last week with mini me


      The beginning

      She's awoke from a nap. The bedroom door opens. Approaching the door with a smile, it slams in my face. Grasping the door handle she continues to slam it in my face. 
Once, twice, I begin to lose count.

      Now I grasp the handle. Let myself in slowly, and sit on the floor. She begins pushing me out. Pretending her strength works only until I'm in front of the door again. 
      Screams, cries, punches, kicks. As if I'm the living nightmare she awoke from. Begins to strike the floor and walls. 
      Tell her not to hurt herself. Lecture her with words she didn't know existed. After 10-minutes, her mother (who works at home) is the only way to calm her down. As I grab a craft from her room she cries to her mom.

"I don't want Micaela to take good care of me!"
I froze, almost in tears..

      Her dad returns home from work an hour before I'm off. Expecting an hour to himself, mini me grasps to him. Inquiring when I'm leaving. 



The middle

      She's awoke from a nap. The bedroom door opens. Approaching the door with a smile, she looks up at me with her hands held high. Waiting for me to hold her. 

I can't describe the phenomenon. 

      Scoop her up always asking if she had any dreams. Allegedly never does. Rambling as I hold her, doing ballet turns until she giggles. 
      
      Her dad returns home from work an hour before I'm off. Expecting an hour to himself, mini me informs him about the other Micaela (me) in the household. Who takes good care of her. Demands he says hello. This is now how her father and I greet each other daily.



      As if it wasn't hard enough leaving the two munchkins I watched for a year. I can't imagine saying goodbye to mini me. 

16 comments:

  1. haha kids can change on a dime, they get one thing in their head and away they go. But they come around and are as happy as can be, even if it takes a little while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually takes me a day and the kids my BFF. Haha.
      First time experiencing the process of "warming up".

      Delete
  2. Omgosh.
    This reminds me so much of my nanny days. One day I'll write about it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know adults like that. It takes a special kind of person to be able to laugh off seemingly bad behavior and win them over/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the patience of a saint. Though I can't say I entirely blame her, because I act about the same way after I've been awoken from a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is heartbreaking leaving people you love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I don't know what to say except my own son, with AS makes me feel the same way........

    ReplyDelete