Sunday, September 11, 2016

Roses are rainbow

 

      Give me flowers and they'll be under the faucet daily. Not all are the flower type of gal, but I sure am. My man brought me a dozen rainbow roses. 
Whaaaaat? 

 

      The petals aren't dyed with coloring. Rainbow roses are created by letting the flower grow in colored water made with plant extracts. The leaves were even colorful! Other flowers that can successfully use the same process include carnations, orchids (select breeds), hydrangea and a few others. 

 

      I never fail to mess up the whole "dozen" display. Put one in a vase with flowers collected. Another I give to a friend. 

Are you a flower type of gal? 
If you're a man, do you treat your lady with flowers?

10 comments:

  1. I have treated on occasion but she didn't appreciate them being gone the next day thanks to the cats eating and shredding them hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh my gosh I learned the easy way that cat + flowers = no more flowers, just asshole cat. When she stayed at my ma's, haha.
      She didn't appreciate them in general, or appreciate the cats actions?

      Delete
    2. *My cat is the "she" who stayed at my ma's.
      When I proof read that
      (after clicking submit -_-)
      it kinda confused even me. Lol

      Delete
  2. I used to give Daisy flowers but she'd keep them well after they had died. It's disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing and beautiful. They really don't look real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved these and always wanted some. That's awesome your man got you some. Bet that was unexpected Micaela! Hope you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are gorgeous! I've seen them before, but didn't know how they were grown. I love flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always assumed they were dyed. Like the cards who painted the roses red in 'Alice in Wonderland'.

      Delete